Do you accept consignments for auction?
We accept consignments every day, and will auction almost anything.
In general we will not accept upholstered furniture, records, particle board furniture or mattresses and box springs.
We reserve the right to not accept any consignment that we deem will not sell at the auction.
PA – AU005859, VA – 2907004132
What are your consignment rates?
20% for any merchandise delivered to us. All other rates are negotiated on a case by case basis.
When do you render payment?
We strive to pay consignors within 10 days. Our contract says 15 days. If you consign and stay until the end of the auction, we will cash out the same day.
Do you provide delivery service if we purchase at your sale?
YES, for a fee. Please contact John for rates:
John OLEINIK – Auctioneer
What are the sale’s terms and conditions?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Payment – Cash or Check, All payment must be rendered during or at the conclusion of today’s sale. A 15% buyers premium applies to the final hammer price of all items purchased. NJ sales tax, 7%, is in effect unless the appropriate resale certificate is filed.
2. Conditions of the Sale – Sunrise Antiques & Auctioneers makes a concerted effort to describe and identify all items. The auction house makes no warranty express or implied to authenticity, authorship, value, medium, or condition of any items sold. Buyers should carefully examine all items before bidding.
3. ALL ITEMS AND LOTS ARE SOLD, AS IS, WHERE IS. NO RETURNS, REFUNDS, OR EXCHANGES. ALL SALES FINAL!!!!
4. Disputed Bids – The auctioneer reserves the right to settle any disputed bid, and whether or not to re-offer a lot.
5. Returned Check Policy – $45 and banned from any future auction.
6. All purchases must be removed from the auction hall / site this evening!!
How do you account for my merchandise being sold at your auction?
Sunrise Antiques & Auctioneers runs a completely automated/computerized sale so that registration, check out and final payment is done in a smooth coherent fashion. Since the sale is clerked and scribed via a computer, accurate tallies of sales and monies involve no human intervention and provide complete accuracy to the consignor. The software platform utilized by Sunrise Antiques & Auctioneers is called Auctionflex: http://auctionflex.com Manually scribed sales are generally more prone to mistakes and errors. If necessary we can print you a sales report immediately after the sale detailing total sales etc.
What are some reasons that I should use Sunrise Antiques & Auctioneers?
-THE LOWEST COMMISSION RATES – 20%
-HIGH PRICES FOR YOUR MERCHANDISE FAST PAYMENT – GOAL IS SAME DAY PAYMENT
-EXTENSIVE ADVERTISING (NEWSPAPER PRINT, FLYERS INTERNET, EMAIL BLAST ETC…)
-COMPUTERIZED CLERKING AND SCRIBING FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL COURTEOUS SERVICE!
How do you advertise?
Advertising is the Key to having a successful sale. To properly advertise, it takes about 4-6 weeks. Our sales normally receive, local, regional and national exposure in both print and electronic media (internet and email).
Partial Listing of the publications that we regularly advertise our auction sales:
National Coverage Antiques & Arts Weekly
Antiques & Auction News coverage includes the Mid-Atlantic states to the Northeast
Auction Hunter www.auctionhunter.com
Coverage includes New York City and the Northeast Local Coverage
Asbury Park Press http://www.appclassifieds.com
Burlington County Times
PA – Bucks County, Princeton, etc…
Sunrise Antiques does a paper mail / flyer to ca. 1500 active auction goers in our database. There are also ca. 600 flyers sent out via an email/online mailing. All auction sales that we conduct also receive full coverage on our website at http://sunrise-antiques.com.
BIDOPIA which is our Online auction platform.
Robo calls to our existing customer base before every monthly auction.
Extensive internet based advertising to industry specific websites.
Finally, we post appropriate signage, so that all locals know of the upcoming sales.
How long does it take to prepare for a typical, successful auction?
A typical sale takes 2-3 weeks to prepare, setup and advertise!
Why should I sell at auction?
-Exposure of merchandise to a large number of qualified buyers.
-Seller knows exactly when the property will sell.
-Create competition among buyers; auction prices can exceed the price of a negotiated sale!
-Eliminates seller carrying costs such as interest, taxes, maintenance, etc…
-Auctions generate excitement and heighten buyer interest.
-Auctions bring buyers to a decision point-they must act now or lose an opportunity to purchase.
-Auctions reduce the time property is on the market.
-Seller Obtains Rapid Liquidity$$$$$$$!!!
How do I consign?
We are generally available every day to accept merchandise from 9:00-5:00PM. We accept the merchandise and provide you with an itemized statement detailing our fees and legal obligations.
Where do you conduct your sales today?
We conduct sales at our facility at: Sunrise Antiques & Auctioneers 79 Old York Rd. Chesterfield, NJ 08515 609-456-8474 or onsite in estate situations.
Do you provide a contract, and if yes, what do your terms and conditions look like?
Our firm works on a contract and provides you signed itemized statement stipulating the terms and condition of the sale.
As consignor of the above goods, I affirm that I have clear and undisputed ownership of said goods and/or the right to sell said goods. Sunrise Antiques & Auctioneers will charge a commission of 10% on the hammer price of the above lots selling for more than $25 and a n/a commission on lots selling for $25 or less. The auctioneer will also charge buyers a 10% premium that will be paid directly to the auctioneer. Payment to consignors will be made within 15 days after the sale of merchandise. Auctioneer reserves the right to lot items to insure maximum appeal.
How often do you hold sales?
We hold monthly auctions. We also do onsite auctions and specialize in complete estate liquidation. In addition, we sell cars, real estate and firearms.
Is your firm affiliated with any professional organizations?
Yes, The National Auctioneers Association, Pennsylvania Auctioneers Association and the New Jersey State Society of Auctioneers are organizations of auctioneers who by there own choice, have banded together to advance the cause of professional auctioneering. Members adhere to a code of ethical conduct related to the auctioneering profession.
Are you licensed auctioneer. Why is this?
We are licensed and bonded in Pennsylvania and Virginia.
PA – AU005859, VA – 2907004132
New Jersey is not a state which does not require auctioneers to have a license. Therefore, there are no credentials required to advertise and hold oneself out to the public as a professional bid caller.
Being licensed ensures that our consignors receive the utmost professional service. In addition, licensing requires continuing education allowing Sunrise Antiques to always be current on law a industry practices.
What is your firm’s legal status?
What are some of your firm’s / auctioneer’s qualifications?
-Full time auctioneer and appraiser for the last 8 years
-Licensed NJ Real Estate Agent
-Over 25 years in the Antiques and Collectibles business to include: ownership of own Antiques business and online auction and appraisal service
-Graduate of West Point 1988
-Fluent in German
-Married 20 years with 3 children
-Member of National Auctioneers Association and Pennsylvania Auctioneers Association
-Experienced at complete household or business liquidation
-Graduate – Yankee School of Auctioneering 1998
-Graduate – Mendenhall School of Auctioneering 2013
Licensed and Bonded in the State of Virginia – 2907004132
Licensed and Bonded in the State of Pennsylvania – AU005859
What type of services does Sunrise provide?
At Sunrise Antiques & Auctioneers, we pride ourselves on providing comprehensive live and online auction and appraisal services. We auction all types of merchandise – including antique furniture, firearms, fine art, arts & crafts, antique toys and dolls, oriental carpets, real estate, automobiles, vintage clothing, and personal property of all descriptions. If needed we can provide tag sales and will do garage and attic cleanouts.
Do you sell guns at your auction?
Sunrise Antiques & Auctioneers holds both the Federal Firearms, and NJ Retails Firearms licenses. We sell long guns, handguns, black powder and antique guns. Our firm is the only licensed gun auction in the state of NJ. (NJ FFL Gun Dealer #4178, FFL #8-22-005-01-8H-01678)
How do I buy a gun at your auction?
HOW DO I PURCHASE A LONG GUN OR HAND GUN AT YOUR AUCTION
- You must be 18 years old to purchase a long gun, 21 years old to purchase a handgun.
- In order to purchase handgun ammunition in NJ you need to have a valid Firearms Purchaser ID (FPID) card.
- All ammunition purchases will be logged with name, and FPID number.
- To purchase a long gun you need a valid FPID card and a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE), and a valid driver’s license.
- To purchase a handgun in NJ you need a FPID and a Permit to Purchase a handgun (P2P), and a valid driver’s license.
- You may purchase 1 hand gun every 30 days.
- To purchase an Air Gun rifle or BB Gun you need a FPID Card. No NICS check is required for the purchase of ammunition, air gun or antique long guns or hand guns.
- To purchase an air pistol you need a valid FPID and P2P.
- You do need a valid FPID and P2P to purchase antique hand guns.
- If you are out of state and do not possess a valid NJ FPID or P2P, we will ship to a verified FFL in your state. You can complete your transfer there. If you have a valid NJ FPID and/or P2P we will transfer to you here; all NJ laws apply.
- All transfers of guns will take place the week following the auction.
- For long guns we require that you fill out form 4473 and NJ Certificate of Eligibility. A COE must be filled out for each long gun purchased. Once we have a copy of your FPID, COE, 4473 and driver’s license we can perform the NICS check. NICS checks are valid for 30 days.
- For hand guns we require that you fill out form 4473 and provide us your P2P (Permit to Purchase). Once we have a copy of your FPID, P2P, 4473 and driver’s license we can perform the NICS check. NICS checks are valid for 30 days.
- Please fill out a form 4473 and COE for all long guns before leaving the auction. This will allow us to expedite the NICS process.
- For handguns please fill out form 4473 and leave behind your P2P.
- Once the NICS check comes back clean we will be able to transfer your gun(s).
- All forms are available at the check in desk.
ALL GUN PURCHASES MUST BE PAID FOR PRIOR TO OR AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE AUCTON
All Federal and State Laws are in effect!